Since qualifying in 2009 I have gained experience of working within the N.H.S, Youth Service and private practice. I have counselled adults, young people, couples and families.
I have worked in an educative setting for over 20 years’ experience and also have 5 years youth work experience. My children are both grown, one a teacher aged 23 and the younger, aged 20 is university student.
I am dedicated to the counselling process and wholly appreciate, through both professional and personal experience, the rewards that a successful client/counsellor relationship can bring about.
I enjoy working creatively using crafts, sand tray and miniatures, drawings, stones/shells and a variety of resources. This can be particularly beneficial for younger clients, adolescents and those who struggle to put into words what is going on for them, enabling the use of the senses rather than words.
I work from a purpose built building at my home.
- Diploma - Theory & Practice of Person Centred Counselling
- Working Therapeutically with Children and Young People
- Working with Therapeutically with Families
- Mental Health First Aider Youth (8-18)
- Mental Health First Aider Primary
- Supporting LGBTQ+ People in Salford
- Challenging Homophobia & LGBT Inclusivity
- Diploma in Hypno Psychotherapy